Saturday, November 21, 2009

Exploring the river's edge

































Jack and I ran 7 miles today (940.5 miles, Jack 42 miles). The weather is absolutely wonderful. It was around 4 or 5 degrees and no wind. Jack ran really well today. I took him to the off leash dog park afterwards and down to the river. It was beautiful and even though he didn't go in he loved it. I expect when the weather is warmer next spring he will want to go in for a dip. Jack met a few more dogs and we met the wonderful family above and their two dogs who Jack had fun playing with.
I can't believe I only have 60 miles to make my 1000 mile year. It feels like I just began, the year has gone by so quickly. If I continue to put on a few miles each day I will finish my 1000 miles in Las Vegas, December 6th. I should be in much better condition for this half marathon than I was for Saskatoon (May) and Vancouver (June). I'm hoping to finish in under 2 hours in Vegas but it will depend on the course. In Vancouver I had the benefit of the long down hill stretch in the early part of the run which helped to improve my time. I have heard that the Las Vegas course is flat most of the way with little incline or decline. I've also heard the Rock n' Roll Marathon is very festive with performers along the course. I find the atmosphere of a large run helps me to run better and from what I read I'll be running with the odd Elvis look alike in the pack :)

No comments:

Post a Comment