Thursday, March 12, 2009

Busy conference day



Day off running today. Spent most of the day at the conference. In general my presentation went well. There were about sixty people and we had approximately 40 minutes for questions and discussion afterwards. I ran into a number of people that I knew and met some really cool new people. I have to admit that I have not been feeling my usual energetic self the past few weeks and at the end of my presentation I was absolutely exhausted. I keep thinking that in only a few days Skender and I will be relaxing on our cruise and I can forget about work, winter and all of the other things that are on my mind. I can't wait to see Skender discover snorkeling in the ocean. He is going to be amazed and because he is like a fish himself, it will be a ton of fun for him. 

I decided to run tomorrow AM with two colleagues from Nunavut and Prince George both formally from Montreal.  The weather is suppose to get worse but I'm hoping that won't be until later in the day.  I always worry when I run with new people that I won't be able to keep up. It is no fun when this happens, however people are generally very kind to adjust to a slower run. With one of the guys being 6'4'', I estimate two of my strides for every one of his, so most likely I have a bit of a challenge in front of me tomorrow. Don't you think he should have to run backwards to balance things out! 

The pictures above are of a group of very special and talented women who work tirelessly as front-line workers, researchers, advocates and clinicians to help women struggling with substance abuse problems. They come from different parts of the country and I had the pleasure of being in their company Thursday night at a meeting of their network. 

No comments:

Post a Comment