Monday, June 22, 2009

Getting ready for Vancouver


I ran three miles tonight. My first run in three days so I took it easy. I am also very busy at work so I didn't get to my run as early as I had liked to. We are in the midst of renovations at work and the whole department and our research center is moving to temporary offices a floor up from the construction. Above is a picture of Kirk Hall "under renovations". Rhonda and I packed all day long. I don't know what I would have did without her help. We also finalized our meeting plans for the research meeting in Vancouver next week. Rhonda is traveling with me to Vancouver and we will have two full days of meeting to go over the ethical guidelines and cultural safety projects with the Mental Health Commission of Canada. 

Tonight was a nice night for running. A little bit of wind but not too much to make it annoying. I am now at 495.5 miles so it looks like I will reach the 500 mile mark tomorrow! I cannot believe how fast the time has passed and I have to admit that setting a goal like this has been a constant motivator to keep me on a regular training schedule. I would highly recommend to anyone setting a mileage goal for a month, six months or even a year. It is a great way to develop a regular running program that fits with your lifestyle and to involve yourself in running groups, races and quality time just for yourself!  

No comments:

Post a Comment