Friday, January 8, 2010

Running on the beach



          I had a short 4 miles run (26 miles) along the beach tonight. I'm in California for work and made my way down to the beach after our session to clear my head with a run. It was incredibly beautiful but unfortunately I arrived just after the sun had set. I ran along the beach soaking up the scenery until it got dark. I love California and running today made me think of the two years I lived in Berkley (93-95) as a graduate student. It feels like a life time ago but reminded me that I need to get back here more often.
        I have fallen in love with the little town we are in (Carpinteria) which is just south of Santa Barbara.  We had a nice drive up from L.A. yesterday, keeping to the coastline and the spectacular views. This was Deb's first time seeing the ocean which was also very cool!
 (picture below). 

No comments:

Post a Comment