Sunday, January 17, 2010

Is Jack a Munsterlander?

            Jack and I ran 8 miles over the weekend, 3 on Friday and 5 (Jack 37, Caroline 51) today. I was too tired Saturday to run so I did a walk around the dog park while Jack played with his friends (Jack gets an extra mile) (Jack 38). As usual we met a number of wonderful people including some really cool kids who found Jack quite amusing, especially when he stole the little girl's stick.
           We visited our vet, Sharon Bruce on Friday and Jack had a check up and I received advice about keeping him healthy as we run. I learnt about keeping his paws healthy, hydration, and watching Jack's body language so that he doesn't over do it. I also bought vitamins to keep his muscles and joints healthy. The very cool thing that came out of our discussion with the vet was an answer to the question everyone asks, "what breed is he?" Sharon said he looks likes a Munsterlander. A what lander???? If you google "Munsterlander" you will see a number of pictures that look exactly like Jack. I'm unsure what Jack "is", but a cross between Springer Spaniel, Lab and possibly some Munsterlander is likely Jack's pedigree given his size and temperament.

January 17, 2010





January 16, 2010




January 15, 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment