Saturday, February 28, 2009

Not The Diary of a Wimpy Runner

End of February! I had a great run today motivated by Kathy and Tania, who earlier in the day responded, "One!" "Two!"to my question, "so how many miles do you think I have in me today?
Wait just a minute ladies, one or two miles?  How about 10! "Beep Beep!" (getting ready for Albuquerque :). Finished off the month with 185 miles. Just think, I might have made the 200 mile mark had it not been a short month.  Yes, I am reaching the 200 mile mark and yes there will be a party. If I remember right my old friend Danny Salmonon (who lives in Regina but hanging out in Mexico for the winter) is taking me out to dinner to celebrate my first 200 miles!  Now where is that sexy black dress? 

"God is a comedian who is playing to an audience afraid to laugh."  This quote by Voltaire begins Christopher Moore's novel, Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. I had no idea what to think when I began reading Moore's book however, after finishing it today, I can say it is one of the most unique, fun and creative novels that I have ever read. The story is wonderful, well researched, and just so cleaver. My new reading adventure is "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.  The authors have chosen to tell the story through a number of letters sent between a group of people living in Europe in the 1940s after the war. Comes highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment