Monday, February 2, 2009

96.48 miles

Ran a little over a mile tonight because I couldn't help myself and just had to run a little. My leg is  feeling a bit better but I am still having difficulty running. I decided to keep my run to a short distance because of a story I heard last night about another runner who ignored her injury (in her upper leg) and now cannot run anymore.  I can't imagine not being able to run. Nothing works better to clear my mind and boost my spirits. I'm booked for physiotherapy in a couple weeks. I spent my workout time today strengthening my legs, arms and core area. It was a great work out because I had enough time to get through the exercises I wanted to.

So now I'm sitting at 96 miles and if all goes well we'll be celebrating the 100 mile mark Friday night after work :) Timing is everything. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I over heard you talk about your goal to run 1000 miles this year! What an awesome accomplishment. I heard you ask a friend if he would run with you. You should take a picture of each person that comes along with you on your runs. When you are done you should have a 1000 mile party. Congratulations on your first 100! Crystal from the Faculty Club

    ReplyDelete