Sunday, February 15, 2009

Born to Run

Ran a little over eight miles today making my total to date just over 135 miles. It was great. I am running a bit faster and can run longer without having to stop and stretch because of the pain. I hope the extra couple miles today does not set my leg recovery back. It actually feels pretty good and I have my fingers crossed that the recovery will continue.  I listened to some new Bruce Springsteen today. If you haven't heard  The Wrestler, make sure you do. Both the lyrics and the performance are amazing...heartbreaking. I also discovered Radio Nowhere to run too. It is on his album Magic. And of course there is all that classic 80s music of his...brings back memories.  If I were granted a wish (I'm not sure by whom...let's say my fairy back up singer) to meet a famous musician, Bruce Springsteen would definitely be at the top of my wish list. I might even ask him to run with me...now wouldn't that be mind blowing...hey, "cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run."  What do they say? "if wishes were horses..."

No comments:

Post a Comment