Monday, February 9, 2009

Wishing for a life redo

I ran just over two miles tonight. I couldn't do anymore than this because my heart just wasn't committed to the day's challenge. My heart and mind were stuck on something that happened earlier in the day. Have you ever wished for a life redo? Stepping back in time to choose a different path, make a different decision? Today was one of those days. If I could just step back in time and undo a decision I made several months ago, maybe today's event would never have occurred. I vote we should all get at least three redos every decade. Granted the wisdom of hindsight and the ability to use it! Redoing the past decision that led up to today's grand finale would definitely be at the top of my decade's list of redos. 

What am I reading? A wonderful Canadian novel called the Killing Circle. More about it later in the month. My recent favorite reads: Mercy by Toni Morrison (amazing!), The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski (specifically for those who love epic novels and dogs) and of course a great Canadian novel, winner of the 2008 Giller Prize: Through Black Spruce by Joseph Boyden (he's Metis ya!!!).  Books I'd pass on: Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips and Blood Sucking Fiends by Christopher Moore. There is nothing I love more than a funny novel, and while both had their moments neither left a lasting impression.

Books I can't believe I'm reading! Skender and I are currently reading a series of kid's books by Andy Griffiths. Sken is on the second book in the series: Zombie Butts from Uranus! while I am making my way through, The Day My Butt Went Psycho! (Based on a True Story).  We have spent the last few nights curled up in bed giggling, reading each other the worst passages we can find.  This is definitely not the 1970s...and I'm still adjusting to the idea of psycho butts! :) 

1 comment:

  1. I just couldn't resist posting this e-mail Kim Parent sent to me this AM. C

    Enjoyed your blog!! I've decided to run .2 miles with you. But it
    might be more like you running and me holding on to the back of your
    shirt and on roller blades.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete