Saturday, August 22, 2009

Running Divas!

 
I ran 5 miles this AM (662.5 miles). I had the pleasure of running into a group of women from my Just Tri-it group who have continued to run together over the summer. They were having so much fun and I was very happy when they asked if I would like to run with them during the week. They are early morning runners, leaving at 6AM twice a week for a run. If I can drag myself out of bed I hope to join them at least once next week. 
My leg was still hurting today which means I need to take more time stretching before and after my runs and not overdue the distance. I would like to get rid of the pain before I run in Regina in mid-September. After my run today if felt like the pain had shifted towards my ankle. Maybe I just have a ball of pain that keeps moving around my legs, finding a home in one muscle or another for a few weeks and then moving on to the next area. 
So what am I reading these days? Reading has been slow over the summer because there are so many other things to do. I finished my second Andrew Pyper book, Lost Girls. It is a mystery set in Toronto and a small town north of Toronto. I didn't enjoy it as much as The Killing Circle, Pyper's most recent novel but nevertheless found it to be an interesting read. I am now reading Christopher Moore's novel, Fluke or, I know why the Winged Whale Sings. It is fun and I have no idea where the plot is going to go. All I know at this point is that a cryptic message "Bite Me" has been observed on the Fluke of a large male humpback whale by two members of the scientific team studying whales' singing. Would I expect a less bizarre plot from Christopher Moore? I don't think so. After reading Lamb, I know he might take the reader down any number of crazy story lines. I cannot wait to see where this one goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment