Thursday, January 29, 2009

Running out of town

Three miles today, squeezed in between today's meeting and going out for dinner. Still feeling pain in my leg but it may be getting better.  Great meeting today, I love this group of people (First Nations, Inuit and Metis Advisory Committee to  the Mental Health Commission of Canada) because we naturally migrate to a creative and productive space that continues to challenge what is taken for granted.  This meeting is our one-year anniversary as a committee and as has become our character, we brought our diverse perspectives, debated with passion,  and remembered to take the time to laugh and share stories about our lives. If only all committees could be like this one, I am certain the world really would change for the better.  

Calgary weather is great and I wish I could stay longer but I'm also looking forward to getting home to Skender. We have fun plans for the weekend including a run together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment